Healthcare assistants work closely with our registered nurses to provide caring at its best and an excellent patient experience.
Staff in these roles help to meet our patients’ individual health and wellbeing needs by, for example:
- Helping patients to move if they are unable to do so by themselves
- Serving food and helping patients to eat and drink
- Helping patients to wash, dress and go to the toilet
- Keeping the clinical area tidy
- Managing stores and keeping stocks replenished
- Taking and recording patients’ vital signs.
Our nine-day bespoke induction programme for healthcare assistants takes place over approximately six weeks and helps new starters to learn the values, behaviours, competencies and skills required for the role.
New healthcare assistants will also undertake the National Care Certificate, with the aim of completing it within their first 12 weeks with the Trust.